• To work closely within the virtual production and VR teams to develop and maintain lightweight clients and optimized modules covering AI, custom shader support, customs effects, hardware device input, network server/clients and game play mechanics to support feature film production pipelines (using game engine for visualization) and virtual reality experiences.
• Application of experience and knowledge to optimize game engine deployment for virtual reality in terms of memory, frame rate and performance.
• Help develop new and exciting game play and experience mechanics for new virtual reality projects.
• Develop and maintain optimized modules for tools surrounding virtual production that utilize game engines along with UI and I/O modules.
• Design and develop core tools into the pipeline.
• Work with virtual production and virtual reality team to understand technical requirements.
• Active participation in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
• Work closely with TD’s and other development team members to further develop pipeline and workflows.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• 3+ years of 3D engine development experience within the games industry and with at least one AAA game shipped on PC or console.
• 5 + years of experience developing optimized modules in C++ within Unreal4.
• VR development experience advantageous.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
• Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, 3D Math, linear algebra vector math and associated data structures.
• Expert knowledge of Unreal including GUI, asset bundles and materials/shaders.
• Strong knowledge in 3D graphics development (Particle Systems, Shaders) and performance optimization within game development.
• Strong knowledge of matrix algebra, trigonometry and computational geometry essential.
• Detailed knowledge of C++ essential.
• Ability to implement existing script and/or visual scripting modules into optimized and economic code within sUnreal.
• A good sense of creating and maintaining code bases those are accessible and modular.
• Willing to help lead the development path for creative development solutions for overall development pipeline and for individual projects.
• Strong knowledge of version control system such as perforce.
• Understanding of Maya and Python tool development advantageous.
• Experience with shader development in Unreal advantageous
• Fast, organized, take direction well, and can deal with high profile directors, vfx supervisors and production designers.
• Strong organizational and communications skills along with understanding production values, deadlines and priorities
• Willing to take direction and be a team player.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.